Saintperle

10/20/04

Pat Robertson: I warned Bush on Iraq casualties


I have always imagined, were I to do such a movie, I would cast Pat Robertson as the whiney wormtongued demon whose smile is like a grin emerging from a sewer and who pours sugared poison into the ears of all he meets. I have never seen anyone either on the tube or on the big screen better suited to that role.

So it's fun to see him sliming Monkey Boy, now that perhaps Bush isn't the best horse to bet on. But, of course, in his usual way, Robertson is insisting he's NOT being detrimental and is still a loyal supporter.

Every time I've ever seen him speak, seen him as the demonic little shit he is, I think, "Boy, won't this guy be surprised when he gets home and finds out which side he's been on all along."

Or maybe he won't be surprised.

Viciousness, false witness, lying, rumor-mongering, betrayal of allies ... I guess they call it Hell for a reason.

NEW YORK (CNN) -- The founder of the U.S. Christian Coalition said Tuesday he told President George W. Bush before the invasion of Iraq that he should prepare Americans for the likelihood of casualties, but the president told him, "We're not going to have any casualties."

"And I warned him about this war. I had deep misgivings about this war, deep misgivings. And I was trying to say, 'Mr. President, you had better prepare the American people for casualties.' "

Robertson said the president then told him, "Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties."

The White House had no comment on Robertson's remarks.

Robertson, the televangelist who sought the Republican presidential nomination in 1988, said he wishes Bush would admit to mistakes made.

"I mean, the Lord told me it was going to be A, a disaster, and B, messy," Robertson said. "I warned him about casualties."

The Lord told him it was going to be a disaster and messy.
Sure he did, Pat. Sure he did.
And you warned Monkey Boy waaay back then.
Sure you did, Pat, sure you did.


Link
|

 
eXTReMe Tracker