Saintperle

4/10/08

John McCain -- one step over the line, dear Jesus --

OK, I have a foul mouth and use offensive language most of the time BUT --there are STILL some words that are taboo.
John McCain used one of them -- in public, and at his wife.

This report from Wonkette (one of many sources):

McCain Called His Wife C-Word

According to Cliff Schecter's new book, The Real McCain, this one time in 1992, he went all "Hanoi" on her and called her a cunt. That is what he called her.
Three reporters from Arizona, on the condition of anonymity, also let me in on another incident involving McCain's intemperateness. In his 1992 Senate bid, McCain was joined on the campaign trail by his wife, Cindy, as well as campaign aide Doug Cole and consultant Wes Gullett. At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain's hair and said, "You're getting a little thin up there." McCain's face reddened, and he responded, "At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you cunt." McCain's excuse was that it had been a long day. If elected president of the United States, McCain would have many long days.

***********************************

That's the word -- still taboo.

It's even a bit of a shock when used nominatively in such feminist performances as The Vagina Monologues.

But in that performance it names a THING, a physical part of a female person.

It may NOT be used to describe that person.

Even I can't accept that.

I once heard a delightfully funny woman shout at a driver -- an elderly woman who quite rudely cut her off in traffic -- and what she shouted at her was:

"Hey lady, you got rats in your cunt."

I thought that was funny.


I did not think McCain calling out his new wife with that word (1992) was funny. In public? On the podium? In front of journalists?

Well (as my wife said, when I told her) "I guess it IS 'straight talk."

But still ... not acceptable.

And if foul-mouthed me can't find it acceptable, what about those middle America folk?

I was in Texas in 1976 and met a sweet Republican little old lady -- well, sweet to a point -- she was a widow and lived alone and slept with a .38 under her pillow -- and she said this to me:

"We didn't send Richard Nixon to the White House to use that kind of language."

And my guess -- a whole bunch of the traditional actual conservative people still in the Republican Party won't send McCain to the White House either.

***********************************


|

 
eXTReMe Tracker