Saintperle

12/17/05

Owens Says He Felt Unwanted by Eagles

Omigoodness -- like the proverbial red-headed stepchild? A little boy, neglected while all the other reindeer play and never ever ask poor Terrell to join in their reindeer games?

Before Terrell Owens was banished from the Philadelphia Eagles, the All-Pro wide receiver told GQ magazine that some of his teammates didn't want him to play in the Super Bowl last February...

"That's why I felt so ultimately disrespected, because I knew how hard I worked to get back on that field to help them. Had I not played, who knows, we probably would've gotten beat worse..."

"When I was rehabbing, they called me selfish for trying to get on the field to play," he explained. "I said, 'You guys are labeling me selfish for rehabbing, trying to play in the biggest game of the year?' If Brett Favre had done it, you would've said he was a hero, would've given him an 'ironman' award or something like that.

"But me? For whatever reason, I was selfish. And for the life of me, I just don't understand."



Ahhh, boo-fucking-hoo.


...Owens feels he doesn't get equal treatment from the media.

"I went down to the Houston Astrodome after (Hurricane) Katrina, but nobody made a big deal about it," he said. "But you saw Peyton Manning and his brother, they made a big deal about that. I did it on my own. I didn't do it for publicity."



---well then what's your problem? If you didn't do it for publicity, why are you whining like a little baby because you didn't GET any publicity?

Listen -- you're getting skeenteen million dollars a year to play a game you're good at. You managed to come back for the big game and just because you played when the docs said maybe not, you WANT A RAISE? The REAL football players ALWAYS play when the docs say "NO," as long as they can walk --- and they don't seem to get MYSTERY GROIN PULLS when they don't get their way.

(Groin pulls -- yeah, well, I guess there's an appropriate cheap shot about whether or not you have balls, but I won't take it.)

If you really want some respect, you play it the way the greatest -- and most-loved -- WR ever, Jerry Rice played it -- you do your absolute best and you don't whine and complain and make excuses.

You shut up and do your job, just the same way millions and millions and millions of young men your age do -- those who have jobs, the ones making some sort of grandiose $31.500 a year.

But when you're a constantly annoying pain in the ass, you're only tolerated for your talent and performance, and you're out of there the minute you miss a step.

That doesn't mean "kissing ass."

It means acting like a man and giving all due respect to the other people you work with -- and if you're religious, thanking God that a socially-retarded annoying asshole like you has enough talent and a good enough physiology to compensate for your hatefullness.



Link
|

 
eXTReMe Tracker