Saintperle

7/26/06

Regarding the posting just below this one:

Am I pro-abortion?

Pro-choice?

I believe in the absolute right to make one's own personal choices* ... and just as soon as I grow a viable ovary-active uterus, I'll let you know about this specific issue.

What I am against is the age-old tradition of self-serving men beating up on young women and girls whenever they feel insecure.

I believe, as Tom Paine did, although he said it with more eloquence and explanation in Rights of Man** --

"Religious zealots -- your god's dicta stop at other people's front doors."

(Tom Paine also said that to you, it's revelation but to him, it's hearsay.
Used that exact word, "hearsay.")

*******************************

**
"The law ought to prohibit only actions hurtful to society."

(This means, if you are offended by what someone else does, too bad -- it is NONE of your business.)

"Political liberty consists in the power of doing whatever does not injure another."
(Again -- no matter what form of moonlight you believe in -- for 9 months, a fetus IS that person in which it grows. If you think not, fine -- think it as regards your own life.)

---------
*
Thomas Jefferson:

"I have sworn on the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

This means, as I take it, that you and I and everyone else has a right to live his or her own life without suffering harassment or haranguing from the religious beliefs -- sincere or otherwise -- of you or me or and anyone else.

Why would he say such a thing? Well, he also had this to say on the subject:

"In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to Liberty."


|

 
eXTReMe Tracker