Saintperle

6/10/04

Politicians come and go, but Ray Charles...

Ray Charles died today at age 73.

Put simply, this man had more positive and long-lasting effect on our lives than ANY politician, living or dead.

Future generations will say of him, what none will say of any president from Washington on --- "Gee I wish I could have seen him when he was alive. That would have been something."

A San Francisco hooker, interviewed many years ago, said, "I'm not selling anything that doesn't belong to me. And there isn't a politician or a businessman who can make that same statement."

But Ray Charles could. It was his and he gave it all to us. Didn't hold anything back.

Now, for the first time in my life, despite still not believing in Heaven or Hell, I think I can actually imagine a heavenly choir.

Link
|

 
eXTReMe Tracker