Saintperle

6/19/04

Valery, you bitch -- back me up

"I looked into his eyes, and I saw he was a good man." That's what prancing Georgie said after meeting Valery Putin back then. So now, Valery grudgingly repaid the favor yesterday (Friday, June 18):

"Russian special services several times received information that the official services of the Saddam regime were preparing terrorist acts on the United States..."

The credibility of this statement is roughly akin to those of the people who said they'd predicted the assassination of JFK and the attempt on Ronald Reagan's life months before the actual event, but never announced it because they didn't want to create fear in the public.

Kevin Drum of Political Animal raises the question of why Putin would want Bush to win re-election.

I always wondered who was the top and who was the bottom in the Putin-Bush eye-gazing relationship. How far does it go? (I've heard the stories about the antics at Bohemian Grove, so I can only wonder.)

And what does Laura think about it?

Link
|

 
eXTReMe Tracker