Saintperle

12/5/06

He's as "in command" as a Spanish King -- Philip V

From Tim Grieve

"George W. Bush says he doesn't take policy advice from his father --"I am the commander in chief," he told Brit Hume over the weekend -- and he seems to view all advice about Iraq with a sort of dismissive lack of discrimination. Bush told Hume that he's getting "a lot of advice documents," and that it's "very hard for me to, you know, prejudice one report over another."

So what does speak to the president?

*******************

Philip V ("less than a man") was a semi-drooling idiot who read every report to cross his desk -- the problem? He didn't seem quite able to distinguish the difference in importance between a report on the costs of palace garbage removal and a declaration of war.

*********************

"Laura and I are sustained by the prayers of millions of people," Bush told Hume. "Now that's hard for some to -- I guess chew on."

Hume asked Bush if he "senses" the power of prayers sent his way.

"Absolutely," Bush said. "I feel it ... Because the load is not heavy, I guess is the best way to describe it.


**********************

It's quite a feat for a president to manage to achieve a "don't sweat the big stuff" posture -- "death, destruction, reality -- f-f-f-fuck all that."

He's Mommy's little boy all right -- she showed him the way -- "Why should I trouble my beautiful mind with those things?"

And imagine -- it took Nixon 100 mg of valium a day to achieve relatively complete escape from reality. We've come a long way.

|

 
eXTReMe Tracker