Saintperle

3/9/07

A question about religious ethics --

or something like that:

Is it what the believers call "A Sin" for me -- an unbeliever -- to be developing something like a crush on TV Pastor Melissa Scott (the widow of Reverend Gene Scott)?

I mean above and beyond a healthy interest in what she's talking about, getting to thoughts of how amazingly charming she is when she limns the Greek and Hebrew, and noticing how graceful she is when she does her version of the Pastor Scott stalk.

(I used to watch her husband -- the late Rev -- discussing the same things, also with interest, but without the semi-erotic overtones. The first time I heard him say: "There are a lot of preachers out there who believe the first thing you get when you bring Jesus into your heart is a blow-dryer," I was a fan.)

|

 
eXTReMe Tracker